Today, it's time to think about your brand story.
Your brand story is how you explain why you do what you do. It gives a bit of history, and invites people in to support what you're doing and who you are.
For example, there's a pretty popular brand of all-natural frozen lunches that says something like this:
When our children were born in 1982, we were very busy, but we still wanted to be able to eat healthy, quality food that was quick and easy to make. We couldn't find any at the store, so we created it ourselves. We liked it so much, we wanted to share it with you.So, what does this story do?
photo © 2007 Keith Tyler | more info (via: Wylio)
- It explains how long the company has been in business.
- It provides a way of identifying with the company - many people are busy, and many people are busy parents.
- It explains the problem that this product solves - being too busy to make healthy meals - we can all identify with that!
- It welcomes you in to the brand, and offers you a seat at the table to share.
- When did your brand come about and what was your situation?
- What problem were you having that your brand solves?
- How can your current customer identify with that?
- What can you say that invites them to join in the story?
What is story marketing and how does it work?
Writing your own customer stories