Pages

Why People Who Take Their Jobs Seriously are Great

Every day, the woman who works at the security desk in the office building where I have my 9 to 5 (which actually starts at 7:30) says the same thing to me when I leave at the end of the day:

I say: "Have a good night."


and she says: "You have a good night, too, darlin'. You be safe now."

Then I say: "Thanks, you too!"


The best tended gardens bear the best fruit.
That's right. The security guard wants me to be safe even after I leave work. She takes her job seriously enough that she sees her job as not just keeping people safe during the workday, but making sure we stay safe all the time.

So what on earth does this have to do with marketing?


This is a great reminder to me that whatever I'm doing, I should be trying to do my best. From a marketing standpoint, it's important to deliver quality campaigns and the best product possible. It's a reminder to care about my customers from a human standpoint. They aren't just folks with a checkbook, they're people with dreams, goals, needs, and wants. The more I care about my customers, the more I take my job seriously, the more quality I deliver.


What are you doing to make the quality of your work even better this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment