|From Flickr user Max-B.|
Re-evaluate your Facebook presence and determine how to use your feed more effectively this year.
Here's five easy steps to a better Facebook feed:
- What are you hoping your Facebook page will accomplish? Do you have a goal for the number of fans you want, their level of engagement, or how much they buy?
- How much traffic is Facebook giving you each week, and what do you want those people to do once they get to your web site? If the path is unclear, help people find their way to where you want them to go.
- Add more variety - post special deals, videos, blog posts, contests, photos, questions, and surveys to add interest to your page.
- Post more often - if you've only been posting once a day, try posting 2 or 3 times. If you don't post on the weekend, consider trying a weekend post to see what happens.
- There are many ways to customize your Facebook business page. Think about adding some graphical interest for your fans.
Need help making your Facebook presence work for you? Let me know- I can help.
PS - on a related note, a recent article in eMarketer discussed a BzzAgent study which found that social campaigns give a long-term boost to brands. Brand advocacy and purchase intent can remain elevated for a year following a social campaign. Food for thought.