I hope you've got your online promotions planned for Cyber Monday, which is coming right up on Monday, November 26.
up 22% from the $1 billion they spent in 2010. What's more, average order value was also up almost three percent, to $198.26.
Want your share?
Of course you do. Even if you're not quite prepared for Cyber Monday, there's still time to make the most of the opportunity. Here's how:
1) Make your deals simple and shareable. Your offers should be easy to understand, redeem, and share. People do a LOT of comparison shopping on Cyber Monday and you don't want your deals to get lost by being too complicated. Also, easy-to-share deals mean customers can get you other customers. Make sure there are share buttons on every page, and include an "I got a great deal" sharable message with your purchase confirmations so folks can tell their friends what they bought.
2) Tell them about it! Announce deals for Thanksgiving,
Black Friday, the weekend, and Cyber Monday on all of your channels.
Customers expect consistent experiences on email, social media, and your
web site, so make sure everything's updated.
3) Don't forget about SEO. Make sure you're using keywords like "Cyber Monday," product terms, and deal-related messaging in your web copy, so that search engines can find your work.
4) Update your ads. If you're running online ads, update your creative to reflect your Cyber Monday offers. Outdated ads will confuse your customers.
5) Is your operational house in order? Do you have what you need to keep your inventory status current, ship out extra orders, deal with special requests, handle complaints, send out additional promotions, and update your web site? If not, now's the time to act.
Need help getting ready for your best Cyber Monday ever? Let me know - I can help.